Before the construction of the building, particular attention should be paid to the Foundation. 99% shape, type and depth of foundations depends on the results of geological surveys.
Now on the market of geological and geodetic surveys, many companies and organizations. From the smallest organizations to the geological survey in construction with a staff of 1 person in the face of the chisel – Director – geologist - prospector to large state institutions Geology with offices in cities and private fleets. So pricing varies from 3 to 100 thousand.
Cost of performing geological surveys from 5 900 UAH check out
so, what you really should pay attention when choosing a survey company and that must include the job on geological surveys?
- In our opinion it is necessary to drill a minimum of 3 boreholes with a depth of 8-10 meters, and in case of detection of bulk soil (backfill of the pit) - to drill additional wells to delineate the area of excavation. The number and depth of additional wells will depend on the data obtained during the drilling of core wells (the depth distribution of the mounds; the number of wells that have penetrated the mound; the degree of compaction of soils). In the process of drilling for engineering geological studies for each future horizon in two locations sampled undisturbed soil structure.
- the Deadlines of 2 weeks from the time drilling operations (due to the need to perform complex laboratory tests, which includes the preparation of samples for analyses and tests, which will take up to 10 days; and preparation of the technical report, based on the results of laboratory data - 2-4 days). If necessary to drill additional wells - period may increase (depending on the need to perform laboratory tests).
Geological research includes the following types of tests for clay rocks (loam, sandy loam, clay) is the density of soil particles, the density of the soil, the dry density of soil, specific gravity, porosity, porosity, natural humidity, the humidity at the boundary fluidity, moisture on the border of rolling, the number of plasticity, the turnover rate, specific cohesion, angle of internal friction, modulus of deformation. The document will be a technical report, technical task, the license.
Engineering-geological processes and surveys conducted in the following manner:
- Collection and analysis of materials according to the geological structure of the area of research.
- Drilling of wells in the process of which is selection of samples for laboratory tests.
- Laboratory investigation.
- preparation of the technical report.
Based on the technological environment at the site chosen means and methods of drilling, the drilling machine: on the basis of KrAZ, KAMAZ, compact installation, manual portable bentsur, hand drill). Also from alleged soil on the entire thickness of the future drilling selected type of work: crown, worm, spoon, casing pipe. The tool and method of drilling (core barrels, drums, rotational).
a Key moment in geological surveys is the sampling of undisturbed patterns of samples of the desired diameter and size for a full-fledged laboratory research and testing. In addition, a mandatory water encountered at depth, is subject to sampling and chemical analysis.
Geological survey for the new pipeline or any pipeline, determine the soil settling. Sometimes, when choosing a site Builder evaluates the quality of soils and bearing capacity of adjacent parcels and homes, and sometimes has no idea about their Foundation (about the depth of their laying, the type, thickness, material).
For piles you need to perform geological surveys called static and dynamic sensing is zadavlivaniya sensor with gauge to determine the friction and what kind of load can withstand one pile. Based on these results, projected number of piles, their depth, diameter, location.
Usually for a full range of research needed:
- engineering-geodesic surveys to determine the slope, elevations, terrain, structures;
- removal of the boundaries of the site to determine the footprint and location of exploratory wells.
If the site is located near the waterfront with the prospect of cleaning the bottom and subsequent improvement of the beach, we recommend you to drill one hole directly on the water, in order to understand the thickness of the silt, the suitability of sand with silt and the depth of the impermeable clay on the lake or river.
In any case, a competent designer starts working on the development project and calculation of Foundation only on the current geological surveys.