In engineering Geology include: geologic survey of the area, drilling on land and sensing, geological study of soils for construction and so on. All of these works and other geological and geophysical work, you can order in our company "Guild Engineering", and our skilled professionals will make them for you for a short period of time and at a reasonable price.
Engineering Geology and its main objectives
Task of engineering Geology in study natural processes, hydrogeological and geomorphological conditions in the area, and engineering Geology for construction studies geological studies of the soil in order to properly lay the Foundation.
Geological processes, which are usually studied in engineering Geology include:
- the surface waters of seas and rivers;
- the surface waters on slopes in the form of landslides;
- activities of underground water on the territories that are subject to flooding and karsts;
- the activity of underground waters in the quicksand (if the bottom is overlain by clays and Sands, may be formed by known Geology of the quicksand);
- freezing of rocks and thawing (swelling clays and loams);
- weathering of the hard rocks;
- seismic manifestations;
- economic and engineering activities of people.
That includes engineering Geology for construction
Engineering Geology for construction include:
- drilling wells, they must from 2 to 6 pieces, depending on the size of the projected building;
- sampling of soils from the wells and sending them to a laboratory for analysis;
- preparation of geological report.
To start building, soil and other geological phenomena that surround them, you must know the following parameters:
- The heaving of clays and loams, that is, the effect of freezing temperatures on the geological formation under the Foundation, and especially clay and loam, which by freezing increases in volume, and when it melts reduced.
- Water saturation of the geological formation or the groundwater level.
- The aggressiveness of groundwater and the chemical composition of them. Given the aggressiveness of groundwater professionals-geologists, who are well versed in engineering Geology, recommended for construction in such geological conditions, special concrete, special pipe and cable.
Engineering Geology and circulated it, the statistical method of sensing
In addition to drilling engineering Geology recommends another quick and economical method of exploration of the rocks that occur under your site in depth is the method of statistical probing.
Using the statistical method and other geological studies in engineering Geology to solve the following problems:
- Decide what type of Foundation is suitable.
- If you choose a Foundation, this method will help to calculate what power you need to choose the pile, and will help to determine the resistance of soil to set the pile.
- To obtain reliable data on the geological soil at the site, their capacity, uniformity, area of distribution and the limit distribution.
- To know the approximate characteristics adopted in engineering Geology, soil properties.
- The degree of compaction of such concepts in engineering Geology as bulk soils.
The method of statistical sensing in engineering Geology lies in the continuous indentation of a geologic body of a special probe with a load from above. This is done with the help of a special device, which operates at a speed of 1.2 m/min the resistance of the soil are recorded continuously or at intervals of 0.2 m.
Design probes are different from manual to portable installations on three-axle vehicles or ATVs. In recent years engineering Geology has moved forward – there were tips to the probes, which are embedded sensors that show the pore pressure, and this makes the assessment of soils.
In engineering Geology, with the implementation of the statistical sounding for a specific building, for the validity of the data, the distance from home to the project should not be more than 5m. If informed in your area of geological processes were studied, then after a while they will have to learn again, as it may change the geological environment of the site.