Core drilling and its benefits
Core drilling is a method of drilling using bits of different diameter from 50 to 160 mm. They have teeth at the bottom and at the top go to the cone. Crown spinning very fast, and the rock is removed intact, and the whole structure. This so-called Kern. Core drilling allows you to extract rock from the borehole so that it is destroyed only from the outside and you can clearly see the slit of geological rocks in the study area. As you go deeper in the hole diameter of the used nozzles is reduced.
Core drilling and the use of crowns of different material
For the manufacture of crowns using diamond, tungsten and steel. Diamond or carbide is used for the passage in the rocks. They are very solid and of a different composition tool quickly tupitsja. Tungsten crowns are used for rocks of medium hardness. For drilling in the upper sedimentary rocks, such as Sands, sandy loam, loam, you can apply the steel.
Core-drilling and flushing holes
As to pass different layers of the soil is difficult, the tool often blunts, well can crumble, use different water flushing. Most often it is an aqueous solution, but, if drilling is in the water-containing strata, the well is pumped the air. This is the most cost-effective method, its advantage in the fact that the use of dirty water, and in the cold season uncomfortable for drillers. If we can't use water, as well crumble and the need to seal its walls, apply a clay solution. When working in dry soils can be used and the more expensive types of washing.
Core drilling and its advantages compared to other methods of drilling
- Core-drilling allows to obtain samples of undisturbed structure, which is easy to determine which breeds are present in the geological section.
- Core drilling is a very economical method when applying it uses little power, mostly water and air. Well depth is usually up to 1000 meters, but you can drill and much deeper.
- an Important advantage of the method is that this type of drilling is used for exploration of the composition of geological rocks and water reserves for different purposes. In coring wells subsequently made by screw type of drilling, which is very popular for different purposes. Immediately to drill the screw method is very expensive and you need certainly to know the geological and hydrogeological situation, before choosing the appropriate screws and methods of cleaning wells.
- Core drilling can be horizontal, vertical and at an angle to the surface of the earth in any species that may not all types of drilling.
- When drilling to great depths, you can use lighter equipment.
- , the Well may be deep, and the diameter of the crown will be small.
Another important advantage that makes core drilling is that the drilling can be done in very hard rock.
Core drilling and on which parameters depends the cost
the Cost of drilling wells depends on the composition of rocks in the geological section of the site. They are harder than, for example, drilling in shale formations in the rocks, the more expensive tools need to be applied, different types of more expensive washing. The price is directly linked to the depth of the well. Than it deeper, the more expensive work. This is natural, as to the cost of drilling each meter is added the cost of the complexity of the rocks are more deeply buried. The lower is the soil, than it is harder and you need to change the tool more expensive. Than weaker rocks occur and the well is crumbling, the more flushing to work.
Most popular core drilling is in the water and installing of water wells for domestic purposes in suburban and private plots.